A Complete Array of Gear Manufacturing Capabilities
Griffin Gear specializes in the manufacture of quality replacement gears for nearly any conceivable industrial application. Founded in 1967, we have grown into a full-service firm with the capacity to perform complete in-house customized jobs, often under extreme emergency conditions.
Discover more about our gear manufacturing capabilities and services here. And don’t hesitate to contact us about your specific needs.
Gears from ½ Inch to 20 Feet in Diameter
- Worm and Worm Gears
- Double Helical
- And many more
- MAAG SH100/140 Shaper
- MAAG SH180/300 Shaper
- MAAG SH600/735 Shaper
- MAAG SH450/5000 Shaper
- MAAG 350/500 Shaper
- Scheiss 20’ VBM
- Various Hobs
- Hofler Klingelnberg Rapid 2000k
Gear Grinding for AGMA Q12 Qualification
Our in-house gear-grinding capabilities are complemented by our Hofler Klingelnberg Rapid2000k 2M Gear Grinder and a computerized Klinglinberg gear checker for quality assurance. If you also manufacturer gears and are in need of gear grinding services to meet higher AGMA qualification levels, reach out to us here. Lead and profile inspection charts can be provided with your custom gear order.
Gearbox Repairs & Upgrades
From simple bearing change outs to complete rebuilds, Griffin Gear's gearbox engineers and technicians are ready to assist you with a complete rebuild and repair analysis proposal prior to the rebuild. Our state-of-the-art 15,000 sq. ft. reducer repair facility meets OEM clean room requirements for both disassembly and assembly requirements. For maximum control and flexibility, we manufacture our own quality replacement gearing and components in house.
With expertise built over four decades, we’re well versed in OEM boxes including but not limited to:
- Babcock & Wilcox
- Foote Jones
- General Electric
- Horsburgh & Scott
- D.O. James
- Link Belt
- Philadelphia Gear
- Custom Designs
- And many others
Precision Gear Engineering and Design
Griffin Gear's engineers help you save time and cost through exacting modifications to your gearing and gearboxes.
Armed with portable coordinate measuring machines and hardness testers, as well as an extensive gear software library, our design staff can:
- Reconstruct your gearing and manufacture OEM quality replacement gear, shafts, housings, and other related components
- Assist you with gearbox modifications from simple ratio changes to gearbox upgrades
- Reverse engineer complete gearbox applications, providing a complete drop-in replacement unit
For rapid turnarounds of value-added heat treating capability, Griffin Gear’s car-bottomed furnace can reach 1,400 degrees Fahrenheit and accommodate parts as big as 16 feet wide x 20 feet long x 8 feet high.
- Quality to your specifications or the national standards issued by AWS (American Welding Society) and progress tracked via up to 24 thermo-couplings.
- Furnace fired by a Maxon 3 inch KineMax Burned with 2,400,000 BTU/Hr. Control panel consist of Honeywell Burner, Temperature, and High Limit Control. Recorder is Honeywell DPR180 with 24 inputs and calibration certificate
- Competitive pricing whether your part is 100 lbs. or 50,000 lbs.
- Our automated, 50-ton capacity segment gear welding workstation, coupled with various weld power supplies and tools, allow us to fabricate a variety of equipment components.
- We have a variety of weld power supplies, including:
- Lincoln 350 Amp, Lincoln 400 Amp, Airco 300 Amp MIG power supplies
- Ideal Arc 300 Amp, Ideal Arc 600 Amp TIG power supplies
- Surface grinders, vertical hones, band saws, drill presses, stamping presses
Griffin Gear’s machining capabilities support large components with horizontal turning capabilities up to 260’ in length and 32” swing, and our large Scheiss VBM has the ability to turn 20’ diameter. For larger volume and smaller turning requirements, our Mori Seiki CNC lathe is able to efficiently handle these production needs.
- Sharp CNC Lathe
- Various Engine Lathes
- Mori Seiki NL2400Y/1250 CNC Lathe
- Scheiss VBMs
- Super Mill HBM
- Various Key Seaters, Grinders, Thread Mills, and Horizontal Broaches